Tuesday 8 May 2012

Why guys should Suit Up!

Photo via: xcitefun.net
Every man in his life, at one time or another, will wear a suit, whether it is for work or for a wedding, a man needs to own at least one suit. When a guy puts on a suit, it makes a statement. The type of statement depends on the suit he is wearing and how he wears it.  It could make you appear professional, confident and powerful, like Mr Daniel Craig over here. It could also work against you by making you look tacky or old fashioned like some of the pictures in my previous post.

Despite the cliché, buying a decent suit is in fact an investment for guys, since you can wear it for many years, as long as you look after it or your physique doesn’t change drastically.

The truth is there is actually a lot to know about buying a suit and all the choices you make, actually do make a difference. Until recently, I had no idea of this at all.  Back then, I always thought, buying a suit was just choosing one that kind of fits and in the colour that I wanted. And so, looking back, I felt that I have been like a child choosing which retirement plan was best for me. Thus I made very poor choices in buying my suits and to this day I still shudder whenever I see old photos of me in suits, whereas my girlfriend falls over laughing everytime.

Of course it’s not as serious as I make it out to be. If you know nothing about suits, and think it is okay to just randomly buy one, then you are very welcome to risk looking like a clown. If you would like to look decent in a suit, you would need to understand certain factors before deciding what suit to procure. 


On an aside, please don’t blindly listen to salespeople; they actually don’t know what they are selling, especially in the department stores.  They don’t know you and don’t truly understand what your needs are, since most of them are aunties who have never worn a suit. They just want to make the sale. In order to prevent yourself from being duped, you need to know what to look for in a suit.  The next few articles aim to discuss the different types of suits suitable for different occasions.

2 comments:

  1. damn boy~ you are surely building up for a big thing and truly know how to bait your reader ! can't wait for the next article, wanna learn what kind of suit is to buy for !

    ReplyDelete